« Home | Beautiful Tender Music & A Reminder That This Blog... » | The Best Tracks He Downloaded Legally » | The Fiery Furnaces » | Arcade Fire Ready New Album » | Sky Larkin - Somersault (Notes!) » | "Wake up, you sleepyhead! You can sleep when you a... » | A Weekly Blog Sampler » | Josh Ritter - Girl In The War » | Herman Dune - Suburbs with you » | Pitchfork 100 Awesome Videos »

Margot & The Nuclear So and So's -

what a wonderful video this is. some beautiful animation for one of this year's best songs. Absolutely stunning.

I'm in awe when I listen to this song, it touches me like hardly any song in recent memory.

"When I woke I was alive in sombody's room
I felt life and love and hope infested my bones

Wake up you've got a lot of things to do
Wake up the sun is rising without you

When I woke my body was dyin all over the floor
I felt apathy and hate infested my bones

Wake up you've got a lot of things to do
Wake up the sun is rising without you"

How can you not love this song, these lyrics.

At the 2:30 mark in the video I was actually close to tears. yeah this blog is a mess, and so am i :P